Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
(12-09-2022, 11:17 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think you will start to see a real renaissance where teams start valuing complete ball control over clock management/killing the clock. Unless you are killing the clock down to less than 30 seconds, it honestly doesn't matter. There's a ton more value in just gambling and throwing the ball and picking up first downs. All teams need to drive down the field these days and be in field goal range is about 30 seconds. I loved the call to pass the ball on 3rd and 11 and try to close out the game last Sunday. 

Also, that play was on Burrow. ZT said he gives Joe 3 plays and that was Joe's ultimate decision to pass to try and pick up that 3rd down. It was actually the exact same play they ran against the Rams that the lost the Super Bowl on. 

Same route concept by Tee and Taylor but different plays. The final play of the Super Bowl was four wide with Chase running a go route down the sideline. The Chiefs play was three wide with Chase running a dig. It could be same concept from different personnel grouping with Chase having an option, though.

I think we are seeing this renaissance occurring already. Teams are becoming more aggressive in these situations (along with 4th downs) as each year passes by. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - J24 - 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - KillerGoose - 12-09-2022, 11:28 AM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-09-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-10-2022, 01:38 PM