Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
His growth as a play caller has been substantial. I think, to a degree, Chase's absence helped him just as much as it did Joe Burrow. A lack of our #1 weapon forced them to be creative in their play designs and I've noticed that videos evaluating the Bengals (like JT O'Sullivan of the QB School) called out a few really good play designs in the recent weeks without Chase. Our offense has transcended "Get Chase one on one" and has become more "create plays that give Joe options, and if Chase is one on one, great. Give him a shot."

We started the year with an offense that seemed to be an under center zone running offense and a shotgun/empty set passing offense that were cobbled together into a really predictable and undynamic offense. We now have a majority shotgun offense for both running and passing, but when Joe goes under center they have a potent combination of runs and play action passes.

The talk of Joe Burrow not being comfortable turning his back to the field (as part of under center play action) seems to have been false or at least corrected, which is fantastic.

These transformations in the offense have taken us from an explosive team that could get hot but were spotty and inconsistent (First two weeks of this season, but also the Browns and Ravens games, as well as the Bears, Jaguars, Chargers and Broncos games last year), partially because of the Oline, partially because of our reliance on deep balls, to a consistently dangerous offense the likes of the Chiefs or Bills.

At least we appear to have reached that tier now. We'll see how we finish out the year.

I think Zac has proven himself this year and I'm very happy for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - 3wt - 12-09-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - J24 - 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-09-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: We all said ZT couldn't coach... - CJD - 12-10-2022, 01:38 PM