Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
Maybe it's the homer in me . . . but I don't think that they're going to have too much of a problem keeping their guys.

If I saw State Farm commercials with the "Burrow Bargain" to go along with the Patrick Price and the original Rodgers Rate, I would be concerned . . . I think that these guys know that they're going to make enough money in Cincy and take the home town discount to stay together and keep winning. They have a mentor that can teach them that in TJ Houshmandzadeh. You can go from savior to piece of crap in just a couple of weeks. Why leave a system that you thrive in to try to fit in a new system and new team mates, many of whom will be jealous of your new contract because they, or their buddy, are getting the Jessie Bates treatment at the end of their deal.

Sure, some guys are going to get the CJ contracts that they'd be stupid to pass up, but for the most part . . . I think that they know how fun it is to play along side each other and I don't think that they want to break that up. I think that they know how special this chemistry is. Plus . . . if we do lose guys because they've already got the ring and now want the bling, we'll have plenty of outside FAs willing to take cheap deals to play here just like they did with Brady for decades. For them, it's the other way around. They've already made their money, now they want the prize.

It's good to be the King.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-11-2022, 12:56 AM