Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
(12-10-2022, 11:02 PM)samhain Wrote: How could a fan of this team hate Ja'Marr Chase?  He's got the potential to be one of the best ever to play his position.  I like Tee, too, but that's an odd take.

Uh yeah.  Mellow

(12-10-2022, 11:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: One of the weirdest posts I’ve seen on this board. “I dislike our All-Pro caliber receiver who has already established himself as one of the best in the league because it means that we will lose our next best wideout, who isn’t as good as him”.

Hmmmm.

Yes sir once again.  Mellow

(12-11-2022, 12:56 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Maybe it's the homer in me . . . but I don't think that they're going to have too much of a problem keeping their guys.

If I saw State Farm commercials with the "Burrow Bargain" to go along with the Patrick Price and the original Rodgers Rate, I would be concerned . . . I think that these guys know that they're going to make enough money in Cincy and take the home town discount to stay together and keep winning. They have a mentor that can teach them that in TJ Houshmandzadeh. You can go from savior to piece of crap in just a couple of weeks. Why leave a system that you thrive in to try to fit in a new system and new team mates, many of whom will be jealous of your new contract because they, or their buddy, are getting the Jessie Bates treatment at the end of their deal.

Sure, some guys are going to get the CJ contracts that they'd be stupid to pass up, but for the most part . . . I think that they know how fun it is to play along side each other and I don't think that they want to break that up. I think that they know how special this chemistry is. Plus . . . if we do lose guys because they've already got the ring and now want the bling, we'll have plenty of outside FAs willing to take cheap deals to play here just like they did with Brady for decades. For them, it's the other way around. They've already made their money, now they want the prize.

It's good to be the King.

Feeling the same way after the Boyd talking about Burrow and Tee being a life long Bengal fan before this and watching them all 
play together in the Chiefs game. They don't want to leave this team with Burrow on it. I think we can find a way to keep all of them
now, maybe even Pratt the Playoff P along with Logan. We will see but I see dudes that want to stay here at a discount for Lombardi's.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-11-2022, 01:42 AM