Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's with all the Twitter boycotts?
(12-13-2022, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but these are all the actions of a private company.  I guess my thing is that I don't see where people get the idea that twitter was supposed to be some sort of free platform when it was a private company any more than it is now. 

Keep in mind Elon very publicly stated his own personal reasons to ban Alex Jones from twitter.  

Maybe I'm running two arguments into one, but I don't see how any of this stuff is suppression or an issue of free speech, etc.  I see a platform that had a left lean get purchased by a man who has a right lean, but only one of these sides pretends that they are promoting a public forum for universal free speech.

Twitter was not a private company at the time but I get what you're saying there...non government entity.  

I'm not arguing the free speech thing.  I'm saying all the gaslighting that has happened over the last few years with the right accusing Twitter of suppression and the left accusing the right of being conspiracy theorists over it.  

There was absolute suppression.  Sure they can do what they want, but the public was straight up lied to for a couple years.  

If Twitter just came out and said "Ya we banned DJT cause we didn't like him" or "We blocked those stories because we didn't agree with the narrative" then it would be a different conversation.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's with all the Twitter boycotts? - basballguy - 12-13-2022, 03:13 PM