Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's with all the Twitter boycotts?
(12-13-2022, 03:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: Twitter was not a private company at the time but I get what you're saying there...non government entity.  

I'm not arguing the free speech thing.  I'm saying all the gaslighting that has happened over the last few years with the right accusing Twitter of suppression and the left accusing the right of being conspiracy theorists over it.  

There was absolute suppression.  Sure they can do what they want, but the public was straight up lied to for a couple years.  

If Twitter just came out and said "Ya we banned DJT cause we didn't like him" or "We blocked those stories because we didn't agree with the narrative" then it would be a different conversation.  

All right wing suppression (as in suppression of the right wing, I guess I mean) does is open the door for the free market to meet the demand for a right wing or "free speech" alternative to twitter.  Years before Elon bought twitter we had parler and um....not grinder....what is it....telegram and even stuff like Frank Speech by Lindell and Trump's own Truth Central thing were all marketed on the basis of "Twitter is left wing and censoring us, come here and be free!" These are two platforms (well, Frank Speech was supposed to be a social media platform, wasn't it?) founded by two of the biggest faces of the GOP.

Wasn't it Parler that was basically like "Screw Twitter, come over here and be free!" and then accidentally ended up being the FBI's best friend for turning over evidence against conservatives who posted on it?

I just don't see what is new about this right-wing friendly social media thing, other than there being yet another cult like figure attached to a brand that formerly had a left wing slant.  Maybe that is crazy enough for most folks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's with all the Twitter boycotts? - Nately120 - 12-13-2022, 03:18 PM