Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
(12-13-2022, 06:19 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good thread.

Like most, I think Bates is gone after the season, with Hill likely stepping in. However, I do not think we have to let Bates walk. If we paid him (or tagged him again?), we'd have to sacrifice in some other areas. Let someother guys walk or cut another well paulid player (Mixon?).

Anyway, I think the discussion of who should stay and who should go is a good one as our Super Bowl window remains open on Burrows rookie deal. That contract should run through 2024 (once we pick up the 5th year option). So 2 more years after this one before really hard decisions have to be made. But even now, contract extensions that run into 2025 have to be weighed about what our cap will look like with Burrow (and then Chase) on huge deals.

All that preamble out of the way, I am gonna tey to oist a symmary of our FA/cap situation here. But it will be long, so I will do it in another post.

Joe's rookie deal will not go through 2024. They will most likely extend him long before that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-13-2022, 06:22 PM