Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together?
(12-13-2022, 09:56 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Dax really wasn't a 'go for it now' pick.  He was a pick to cover for the future.  This year I'd honestly like to see a player drafted in round one who would get more pt.  You can see the balancing act going on here though and reason for it.

The thing is, where are they gonna play? 

QB, RB, and WR are out. We picked up Jonah's option for $12 mil, he is your LT next year. We just brought in Karras, Kappa, and Collins. While none are world beaters, our OL is better. It is not a particularly deep OL class, and most of the guys who are first round worthy (3 OT) are likely gone before we pick. Some decent 2nd round types at OT & G & C, but I am not certain they beat out the guys we brought in, or Volson. 

That leaves TE. Mayer is the only Rd1 worthy guy. There is some decent depth, but are any better than Hurst? Doubtful. I wouldn't pick a TE other than Mayer in Rd1 even if we lose Hurst. Even if we re-sign him, I'd pick a TE to upgrade our depth rd2-5.

On D the starting DL is stacked. Maybe a Rd1 DT could give Hill a run for his money, but $10 mil is an expensive backup. Reader, Hendrickson, and Hubbard are absolute studs. As is Wilson at LB and Chido at one corner. Hilton is one of the best slot corners in the league. 

Hill is gonna step in for Bates and no way Lou wants to lose both safeties in the same year, so I believe re-signing the reliable Bell will be priority #1 in the off-season. 

That leaves Pratt's spot and the other corner. Pratt has been absolutely studley. If we lose him, I am not sure there is a Rd 1 worthy ILB to draft. If he stays, no way I even think LB early, ADG and Bailey have been good deputies.  We just picked CTB to play corner last year. Though you can never have too many. 

I only see Mayer (likely gone) or a corner (if they can beat out CTB) as the only pissible starters we could draft. Maybe a stud 3Tech or an ILB stud if Pratt goes. Our starters are mostly freaking studs. Or at worst, above average starters. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can The Bengals Keep This Team Together? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 12-13-2022, 11:43 PM