Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Buccaneers predictions
With Chido, Mixon, Hurst, all of the WRs, and now maybe Hendrickson & Hilton missing time, some of our depth pieces have gotten (will get) some chances to play.

CTB is a fierce battler who has at least shown he belongs on an NFL roster. He has done better filling in for Chido than I would have hoped. Though Brady is gonna be in a different league than Watson. I was a Woolen guy, so I did not feel great about the trade up, but am feeling somewhat better now.

Perine has been wonderful filling in for Mixon, and may have priced himself out of here next year. But for the moment we have 2 starter quality RBs.

Wilcox has filled in admirably for Hurst. And while I do not think he is TE1 material, TE2/TE3 for sure. He should be a safely rostered guy. Blocking has been excellent and has shown more as a receiver than Sample IMHO. Still need 1 more TE even if Hurst returns.

Irwin has shown great hands and he and Taylor has been doing well on punts and made a big play. I feel comfortable with both guys going forward, but neither gets much separation. We could use some speed from someone other than Chase. Upgrades still needed at 1 WR spot, though it could be Morgan.

If Hendrickson & Hilton miss time, we may get extended looks at Ossai & Hill. Not gonna give up on either if they struggle a bit, way too early. But if they shine, it could really impact how we view the draft coming up (DE could get crossed off the list and FS/slot corner less of a priority if Hill can play both effectively).

Carter was less than impressive when Reader/Tupou were out. I think backup 3T & NT could use upgrades.

Obviously, I'd rather have everyone healthy, especially Chido. But hopefully they younger guys show out and the number of holes we need to plug in the draft lessens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals @ Buccaneers predictions - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 12-16-2022, 03:33 PM