Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How Important are the Bengals to You ?
(12-18-2022, 01:22 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Really good stuff. I'm really enjoying reading this. Let me ask you this. What's up with some of those Gameday thread folks? I've only been a participant on this board for a year or so and many of you have been here a lot longer and know more about the board than I do. There are some great fans on this forum(Jungle Noise) who, like me, are very invested in the team. But that Gameday forum is a different tiger , altogether. There are some folks who are there every week who hardly ever post here. They are clearly hyper-invested in the team emotionally. Some of those folks remind me of the 17% or so of UK basketball fans who go a little overboard when it comes to their Cats. Let's just say they have a ...well , ... interesting perspective(lol). 

I used to do the GD thread during games, but it is a miserable place. Now, at best, I might look in and post after a specific play or something happens, but it's always the same thing. There is one poster who almost never posts in JN after a win, knows next to nothing about football, who is on the GD every week whining and complaining because he thinks it's funny. There are several others who are just miserable and want everyone else to be miserable as well. Then there are those who are so invested in Zac being a crap coach who needs to be fired they seize upon any little thing to make them look like they had the right position all along. And then there are the guys who are absolutely unable to handle any adversity in their life, even when it comes to something so insignificant as professional sports. These people just give up at the first thing that doesn't go right. I figure they live their lives like that and pity them. The funny thing is, they are constantly proven wrong by this version of the Bengals, yet they persist to publicly show that side. Personally, I'd be embarrassed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Important are the Bengals to You ? - Sled21 - 12-18-2022, 04:46 PM