Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How Important are the Bengals to You ?
(12-18-2022, 02:12 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Good stuff, guys. Keep it coming. I'm enjoying reading.

By the way, in addition to Rodger Bird with the Raiders, there is also Steve Bird, his nephew, who I went to school with. Steve helped Eastern Ky. University to a couple of I-AA national titles back in  '79 and '82  and went on to play for the  Cardinals, Giants, and Chargers.  Also, Trent Taylor, our PR/WR  grew up here as well. I remember watching him play flag football here in Corbin  as a kid.

For those interested in a really good sports read, there is a book which was written by Gary P. West called "The Boys from Corbin: America's Greatest Little Sports Town, "  which details all of the athletes from this small town who went on to play professional sports in the NFL and NBA.  For those who don't know, Roy Kidd, the longtime head coach at EKU , and one of the winningest coaches in college football history, also grew up here.

EKU football was king in this state for YEARS....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Important are the Bengals to You ? - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-18-2022, 09:46 PM