Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
(12-18-2022, 10:19 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't mind some negativity and overreaction, but some of it is borderline ignorant.  It's amazing to see fans ready to throw 5 straight weeks of outstanding football away over one bad half.  Over a 17 point deficit?  Jesus, that's nothing when the team on the losing end has a potent offense and a track record of turning momentum in the 3rd quarter.  

It's the NFL.  Even great teams aren't perfect, and the opponents aren't scrubs.  Most games in this league are won or lost by a few points.  No matter how good a team is, they aren't typically just destroying opponents week in and week out.  

To me, a great team is one that finds ways to win when things aren't going their way.  That was what this team did today, and that kind of mental toughness is what makes them potentially exceptional.

I get the whole don't overreact thing. But that was an absolute brutal 1st half. I'm mean I'm not sure we even forced an incomplete pass the bucs last 2 drives to end the half. It had a very browns Bengals game feel with the good looking 1st drive until it didn't and then the lack of being able to do anything. I can only speak for myself but a very winnable game that got all that more important with the Ravens loss and we were getting embarrassed in the 1st half. I was at home screaming someone get a soldering iron and cauterize the wound on Joey Bs pinkie.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you said this game was over… - NUGDUKWE - 12-18-2022, 10:36 PM
If you said this game was over… - bjf123 - 12-19-2022, 09:42 AM