Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Two Plays That Spell "Culture Change"
(12-19-2022, 03:06 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: How long have you been a Bengal fan?

I know Marvin was our last Head Coach and you can use him as reference. But what about the list of lovely Head Coaches before Marvin?
Marvin took a perennial laughing stock "Bungles" team to respectability.
There is a list of "Bungle" Head Coaches, you can choose before you keep attacking the Bengals coach with one of the highest percentage wins/losses in our history.

Maybe you were not around during the 90's and early 00's.  Whatever

I also think Marvin would have a better record if he had Joe B. 

I've been around close to fifty years as a Bengals' fan. That's plenty long enough to know Marvin Lewis had a vagina between his legs when it came to making courageous calls to end games. He was an ultra-conservative mis-manager of a football game. Saw him way too many times play "not to lose" instead of being bold and courageous. Not only that, but he tolerated way too much nonsense from players with felonious characters. Big culture change from Marvin to now. This team expects to win every game they play. Marvin's teams expected to find a way to lose games. Big difference. Much of what I said would apply to some other Bengal coaches in the past , as well.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Plays That Spell "Culture Change" - Science Friction - 12-19-2022, 04:31 AM