Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
(12-18-2022, 10:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I get the whole don't overreact thing. But that was an absolute brutal 1st half. I'm mean I'm not sure we even forced an incomplete pass the bucs last 2 drives to end the half. It had a very browns Bengals game feel with the good looking 1st drive until it didn't and then the lack of being able to do anything. I can only speak for myself but a very winnable game that got all that more important with the Ravens loss and we were getting embarrassed in the 1st half. I was at home screaming someone get a soldering iron and cauterize the wound on Joey Bs pinkie.

It was indeed a brutal first half.

I guess I look at it like this:  How would I feel if the Bengals had the Chiefs, Bills or Eagles down 17-3 at the end of the first half?  Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, whoever are playing badly and their defense can't get our offense off of the field without allowing points.  Would I honestly be comfortable?  Would it feel like it was in the bag?

For me, personally, I know I'd still be nervous as hell.  An adjustment here or there, a key mistake on our part and that 14 point lead can be gone in 30 seconds. I need about a 4 score difference before I feel ready to write a game off.  I've seen too much weird stuff happen.  I try to apply that logic in reverse when the Bengals have halves like yesterday's.  I might feel differently if they didn't have a complete offense, but as constructed now, I'm not burying them until they're fully cooked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you said this game was over… - samhain - 12-19-2022, 11:06 AM
If you said this game was over… - bjf123 - 12-19-2022, 09:42 AM