Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Two Plays That Spell "Culture Change"
(12-19-2022, 07:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not sure if someone else pointed this out. But we had a 6 yard run on 1st down. Leaving us with 2nd and 4 with the next play gonna take it to the 2 minute warning. Everything says you run the ball especially because we had been running well. Instead we try to throw and Burrow gets sacked to make it 3rd and 11. So kind of a no brainer to pass to pick up the 1st down. Not saying I disagree with your overall sentiment as we have a really good unit right now and I did really like that touchdown call to Wilcox. 

I personally think the difference between this team and any of Lewis is Burrow and the skill players. Then add that with our free agencies that last few years. It allowed us to build the team in multiple areas each year which really helped.

Definitely not a no-brainer to go for the 1st down on 3 and 11 in that situation. Two of the Bengals players themselves, including HIggins, stated after the game that they expressed surprise in the huddle that the Bengals were going to throw. Almost every coach probably would have run to take the clock down, rather than risk a stopped clock, or heaven forbid an interception. If it had been an incomplete pass, and then Mahomes had driven down with the extra 30 seconds to get a game-winning TD, Bengal fans everywhere would have ripped the decision to go for it. So, definitely not a no-brainer to go for it. It took a lot of intestinal fortitude to go for it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Plays That Spell "Culture Change" - Nepa - 12-19-2022, 07:45 PM