Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I can't stand Charlie Weiss
(12-20-2022, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Burrow must have banged his wife or something. He has such disdain for Burrow and the Bengals. Bob Papa mentioned yesterday that Burrow had to be in the conversation with Mahomes, Allen and Hurts for MVP. Weiss was huffing and blowing about how Burrow may have thrown 4 touchdowns Sunday, but he "only" had 100 something yards. Like it's Joe's fault the defense consistently gave him a short field in the 2nd half. Weiss is the worst, but pretty much all those guys all day long can't seem to get Mahomes jock strap out of their mouths. Burrow is 3-0 against Mahomes, but you'd think he was Andy Dalton the way they talk. (Not a shot at Dalton) I wonder how many times Burrow will have to beat Mahomes for it to change, or if it ever will. There seems to be some deep seated disdain towards this team in the media.

Rich Gannon was similar yesterday.  He had to be reminded that Burrow existed several times over the course of the show.  I think he was ready to elevate Trevor Lawrence over him.  He was gushing over how the Jags "looked just like Clemson".  Even if that's the case, what happened to Clemson's juggernaut when they ran up vs LSU in the title game?

Burrow is there to a lot of us, but nationally it's still the Allen vs Mahomes show.  I'm obviously biased, but I'd want to play Burrow's Bengals less than I would want to play either of those teams based on both Burrow's efficiency and a whole slew of other factors that have nothing to do with Joe.  

Allen and Mahomes are physically superior as athletes to Joe.  That's great, but both players have fairly apparent weaknesses as decision makers when it comes to overcoming unfavorable situations.  Allen coughs it up in the red zone.  Mahomes gets flustered when defenses drop 8 and KC gets bored with the run game.  The scariest thing about Burrow is that he eventually outgrows or figures out every weakness or defense teams throw at him.  Sometimes he does it within a single game.  Teams have to play a full 60 minutes against him, or they are dead meat. Few teams, even talented ones, are that disciplined.

People can continue the Allen/Mahomes then everyone else narrative for a little while longer.  Everyone knew that Manning was better than Brady for years until Brady made it impossible to suggest with his play.  Burrow will need to do the same, and I have a gut feeling that he's up to the task.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I can't stand Charlie Weiss - Sled21 - 12-20-2022, 09:57 AM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - SHRacerX - 12-20-2022, 09:58 AM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - J24 - 12-20-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - Sled21 - 12-20-2022, 10:14 AM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - samhain - 12-20-2022, 10:14 AM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - wcu - 12-20-2022, 10:52 AM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - higgy100 - 12-20-2022, 04:25 PM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - J24 - 12-20-2022, 04:36 PM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - Destro - 12-20-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: I can't stand Charlie Weiss - Tony - 12-20-2022, 11:30 PM