Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Patriots predictions
(12-24-2022, 01:10 AM)Nepa Wrote: Power has been out twice so far today here in Northeastern PA. Second incident just came back on. I just looked up weather conditions for Boston, and while warmer in Boston (21 degrees) than here (6 degrees)  and in Cincinnati (17 degrees) , it seems Saturday the wind in Boston will be very strong, 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. So, it seems the running game would be paramount and FG kicks only close in to be confident.

Glad it came back on for you.  Does anybody remember the hurricane Ike game of 2008.  As soon as Carson Palmer threw the ball, the wind took it off to the sidelines, same with kickers.  We like to think these athletes are Super Hero's and nothing in the real world effects them, but this once in a generation wind blizzard that has shut down most of USA at Christmas is going to effect this game.  I can't see how anybody would think this will be a nice sunny game with teams scoring a lot of points.  I doubt either team will be able to move the ball much.  I've seen many snow & wind & sub zero games.  Dallas vs Green Bay 1967.  Bengals vs Buffalo 1969.  San Diego vs Bengals 1981.   I have seen footage of Michigan vs Ohio State 1950.   These are examples of how moving the ball down the field becomes next to impossible.  You are right about the field goals also. You can forget 50 yards, because teams are lucky if they can make a 10 yard field goal. No passing game, no kicking game, and running is hard also. Often such games are decided by the football fumbled in the snow and cold, or some such weather turnover.

One thing these players will not want today is overtime. They will want off the field and out of the cold, and it's Christmas Eve for them also. Nobody on the field will want overtime.

Watching the News and how bad USA is in this storm, and if New England anything like Buffalo, maybe NFL needs to use some common sense and cancel many games or reschedule. Fans should not really be trying to drive to and from these games, or sitting through them. This is not a normal snow storm. I would have no problem if NFL does not play this game, and other games today. Moving to a domed stadium is out due to airports closed all across USA.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - CJD - 12-19-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - M.W. - 12-22-2022, 07:32 PM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - kevin - 12-23-2022, 03:29 PM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - Nepa - 12-24-2022, 01:10 AM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - kevin - 12-24-2022, 07:32 AM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - Leon - 12-23-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - wanga - 12-24-2022, 02:17 PM