Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle for Seeding or Rest Battered Starters?
(12-23-2022, 04:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It all depends what Bmore does and not even us.

If they lose this weekend and next Sunday, then we are not only guaranteed the division, but the 3 seed (if we win on Saturday).

If they win even one game, then we need to win at least one ourselves, otherwise we'll tie or be 1 game behind. I believe we have the tiebreakers, if we split with them.

I'm basically hoping for 2 more losses by them and we at least win this week. At that point, we are assured the division and it won't matter what we do against Buffalo or Bmore. I could see us resting the starters against Bmore, as a result.

BUT! If we beat Buffalo, then the 1 seed is in play and we'll need to play our starters, unless Zac decides that the 2 or 3 seed is sufficient.

A lot can absolutely still play out.

Dead on.  I responded already and said much of the same, but you bring up a good point about the Ratbirds.  They are turd soup.  A big bowl of it.  They are doing exactly what they did last year and that is collapse because of a variety of reasons.  It is funny how irrelevant they seem, even at 9-5.  They just scored 3 points against the Browns.  I would not be the least bit surprised if Des Ridder (now starting in ATL) gets his first win as a starter (+7.5 points for entertainment purposes).  He was driving the Falcons to win last week and his WR fumbled after a big first down near midfield.  20 more yards, they at least go to OT with a FG, or maybe win it all.  

The Rats host pissburgh the next week (and probably lose) and that would make a Week 18 win for the Bengals irrelevant, should Cincy win today in New England.  In that case, it is all about "help".  If Seattle can pull off the upset today in KC, then next MNFs game will be HUGE and would likely dictate the #1 seed between Cincy and Buffalo.  An odd possible scenario is that the Bengals win, KC AND Buffalo lose today, the Bengals would still need to beat Buffalo next monday as the tie breaker.  Amazingly, if that happened and Cincy won, the Bengals STILL would need to win the last week of the season against the Rats because they would be tied with KC and hold the tiebreaker. 

That's a lengthy way of saying the Bengals almost certainly will need to win all three games and get help from Seattle to get the #1 seed.  The #1 seed would be massive, but I would not think the season is over in any way if they don't achieve it.  But you can bet I will be f'n pissed about the missed extra point (and chip shot FG) week one.  Ugh.

Who Dey!  And....Go Seahawks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battle for Seeding or Rest Battered Starters? - SHRacerX - 12-24-2022, 12:16 PM