Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La’el Collins Torn MCL and ACL. What’s the Plan?
I'd say the plan is Adenji.

He has played reasonable well when pressed into action this year. He was a bad guard as the season played out in 2021, but tackle seems to be a stronger position for him. He's always has the size and athletic ability. Something just seems to be missing with consistency. I'm less worried about this than some people. He's not playing next to a scrub with Cappa at RG, so it's not like last year with he and Prince holding down the right side.

Whit would really have to want to come back to make any kind of reunion happen. I'm not sure that's the case. Nobody has any idea if he's been doing nay kind of conditioning, or if he's maintained weight in his retirement.

On top of that, we all saw how long it took to have 5 guys that never played together develop chemistry and gel at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure I want to risk seeing that play out in the postseason after bringing in a guy from the outside. Admittedly, though, Whit is probably a smart enough player to make the transition as seamless as possible.

I think Adeniji would have to bomb pretty badly to make the team consider an outside option.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: La’el Collins Torn MCL and ACL. What’s the Plan? - samhain - 12-26-2022, 10:37 AM