Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Your Final Four AFC Teams ???
(12-27-2022, 04:49 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I thought it would actually be more fun to predict your Final Four(AFC) now, rather than after the playoff field is set. Lot of different scenarios are still possible that you can play around with.   I'm gonna say(hope) that the Bengals win out and grab the #2 seed.  I see KC as #1 ,  Buffalo as #3 ,  Jacksonville #4  ,  LA Chargers #5 ,  Baltimore #6 , and Miami #7 .

So, I think the most likely result is:
Wildcard Round:

Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Bills
Chargers @ Jaguars

Divisional  Round:

Bills @ Bengals
Chargers @ Chiefs

That's my Final Four .   ^^^^^

What would be interesting is if the Chargers dropped a game(say, to the Rams), then they could slide to #6 and have  to travel to Buffalo instead of Jacksonville. That could send the Ravens to Jacksonville, for a rematch of that thriller a few weeks ago. I could see the Chargers having a shot at upsetting the Bills, which could set up a potential divisional round of  Ravens/Jags @ Bengals  and Chargers @ Chiefs .  But that's more unlikely than the one I predicted above.

Who do you have for your Final Four AFC teams left standing?

Good stuff.  I love the ESPN Playoff Machine.  It does all the calculations and you just click your projected winners.  I went with the Jets in a few games because I think they still have a shot with Mike White if he returns.  Big game for the Jets @ Seattle this weekend.  Then I think if they win that, they knock off Miami for the final spot.  2022 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

My first round looks like this (based entirely on predictions, not hope of losses for a team like KC):

Jets @ Bengals
Rats @ Bills
Chargers @ Jags

So, my final four would be: 

Jags @ Bengals 
Bills @ KC

Should the unthinkable happen (damn, they are so lucky) and either Dumpster Fire Denver beats KC, or The Fighting Josh McDaniels beat them, it would look like this:

Jets @ Bills (would actually be a good game)
Rats @ KC (llaugher)
Charges @ Jags

And my final four in that scenario would be:

Jags @ Bengals
KC @ Bills
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - CJD - 12-27-2022, 10:56 AM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - SHRacerX - 12-27-2022, 12:26 PM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - PDub80 - 12-27-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - IcoHolic - 12-28-2022, 07:04 AM