Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did Santa Bring Your Bengals Gear?
(12-27-2022, 12:40 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: How awesome that you shared Bengals love with your mom.  I never play golf or go to a Bengals game without thinking of my dad.  When my hands go to the sky after a TD, I choke up.  Every single time.

Merry Who Dey Christmas to you.

With you, brother.  My dad is still with us....he's 90 and struggling without mom, who we lost late July, but I'm proud of him.  Still hits the gym 3X a week, still drives his 2003 Corvette ZO6 (with a 7 speed MANUAL!) to his retiree lunches. Haha.  But I take care of him pretty much daily at this point.  He isn't about to learn to cook, do laundry, etc. as my mom did all that stuff.  I don't mind it, as he did so much for us.

I have asked God on so many occasions (I believe he doesn't watch football) for a Super Bowl win while Dad is still here to see it with me.  We have been rooting together pretty much since birth as I arrived the same year the Bengals became a team.  It has always been "our thing".  My son could care less.  Maybe he has seen the misery it has caused?  Haha.  

I feel you and missing your dad.  First Holidays without Mom were tough, but we still have each other.  

Take care and hope 2023 has lots of good things in store for you, including pointing to the sky after Joe Burrow takes a victory knee in the Super Bowl.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Santa Bring Your Bengals Gear? - SHRacerX - 12-27-2022, 12:59 PM