Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Your Final Four AFC Teams ???
(12-27-2022, 12:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff.  I love the ESPN Playoff Machine.  It does all the calculations and you just click your projected winners.  I went with the Jets in a few games because I think they still have a shot with Mike White if he returns.  Big game for the Jets @ Seattle this weekend.  Then I think if they win that, they knock off Miami for the final spot.  2022 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

My first round looks like this (based entirely on predictions, not hope of losses for a team like KC):

Jets @ Bengals
Rats @ Bills
Chargers @ Jags

So, my final four would be: 

Jags @ Bengals 
Bills @ KC

Should the unthinkable happen (damn, they are so lucky) and either Dumpster Fire Denver beats KC, or The Fighting Josh McDaniels beat them, it would look like this:

Jets @ Bills (would actually be a good game)
Rats @ KC (llaugher)
Charges @ Jags

And my final four in that scenario would be:

Jags @ Bengals
KC @ Bills

I’d be thrilled with any scenario that doesn’t involve the Bengals playing KC or Buffalo until the AFC Championship game!

My conservative estimate where we lose a coin flip to Buffalo this week and everything else is pretty much chalk:
Dolphins at KC
Ravens at Bengals (2nd week in a row)
Chargers at Jags

Then final 4:
Bengals at KC
Chargers at Buffalo

Might as well finish it out:
Bengals get revenge on Buffalo in championship game.
Bengals win in return to SB over Minnesota (I’m not crazy high on Minny but the way my predictor set up the NFC playoffs I could see them making it. They’d need a perfect path to make it though imo)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - CJD - 12-27-2022, 10:56 AM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - leonardfan40 - 12-27-2022, 01:39 PM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - PDub80 - 12-27-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - IcoHolic - 12-28-2022, 07:04 AM