Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Your Final Four AFC Teams ???
(12-27-2022, 12:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looking at the schedules of the teams who aren't locked in yet, I think the Jags win the AFC South.
I would normally say the Dolphins get that last wildcard spot, but I'm not sure now that Tua is in concussion protocol again.
They do "just" have the Jets and Patriots left though, both of whom are beatable.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Steelers somehow have a (decent?) chance to make the playoffs if they can somehow win out and the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets are not tied with them. All those teams have the H2H against the Steelers.
The only way for the Bengals to win the AFC North over the Ravens before the final game of the season is for the Ravens to lose to the Steelers and Bengals beat the Bills. So we might be (never thought I'd say this) rooting for the Steelers to win this coming weekend.
Then the Steelers play the Browns, so we should definitely root for the Browns to win that game so the Steelers have a losing record for the first time in about 15 years.

If I had to say gut feeling, I'd say the Dolphins squeak into that 7 seed.

What I would then put the seeding is:
1) Bills (14-3) - win out
2) Chiefs (14-3) - win out
3) Bengals (12-5) - lose to Bills, beat Ravens
4) Jags (9-8) - win out
5) Chargers (11-6) - win out
6) Ravens (11-6) - beat Steelers, lose to Bengals
7) Dolphins (9-8) - loses to NE, beat Jets

Ravens @ Bengals wildcard weekend

Interesting analysis and very possible.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - CJD - 12-27-2022, 10:56 AM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - Science Friction - 12-27-2022, 01:51 PM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - PDub80 - 12-27-2022, 01:46 PM
RE: Your Final Four AFC Teams ??? - IcoHolic - 12-28-2022, 07:04 AM