Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reevaluating the WR market as the regular season comes to a close
(12-27-2022, 09:41 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Yes the Bengals have traded a player in his prime for 1st RD pick. They did it with with Big Daddy Wilkerson in 1998. So there is some history of them doing it.

1b.) Even if they hadn't done a move like that before; why would it stop them from doing it now?  They never participated in free agency and now they do. They wouldn't build an indoor facility now they have!   This isn't  the same old Bengals things have changed around here.

People are underestimating how important the defense has been these past two seasons. That unit has become a special unit since the start of last years playoffs and a key to our success. Losing multiple starters won't be a good thing for the unit.

Joe is an elite QB and  he can elevate the players around him. So I would argue that it would be easier to replace a great offensive player with Burrow  around than it would to replace a great Defensive player.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to trade Tee, but I just don’t see it.

I 100% agree the defense is very important to our success. But I do think it’s easier to replace our LB’s with rookie/cheaper FA LB than to try and replace Tee. Irwin isn’t Tee. Let’s be real.

The reality in all this is we need to win the SB this year. Before JB gets the bag. This is our year and it needs to happen. I believe it will. Bengals vs Eagles in the SB. 27-23 Bengals!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reevaluating the WR market as the regular season comes to a close - Ell Prez - 12-28-2022, 01:48 AM