Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo
(12-28-2022, 11:04 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A week after losing our best run blocker, I doubt ZT goes run heavy. I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but Taylor throws on 1st and goal from the 2. We threw it almost 60 times with a 22-0 halftime lead vs a team whose DE combo have the most combined sacks in the league. In short, he is overly pass happy.

And,,poor tackling can come into play on receivers, too. Miss a tackle on Chase and.......

First of all, the Bengals did not throw the ball "almost 60 times with a 22-0 halftime lead." In fact, they threw the ball relatively few times once they had the lead. And Burrow threw the ball only 52 times all game, not "almost 60 times."

The Bengals got their lead of 22-0 by passing the ball. Burrow hit his first 11 passes. He had 3 TD passes in the first half. He was 13 for 15 in the first quarter. He was 28 of 36 for 284 yards in the first half. If we had run the ball in the first half, the Bengals probably never would have built such a lead. Then in the second half, he threw the ball only 16 times (versus 36 in the first half) and the Bengals never scored again.

The Bengals have the best receiving corps in the NFL and passing is the Bengals' identity. Why fans want to take the ball out of Burrow's hands, and the receivers, and give it to the running backs, who are 5th from the bottom in yards per carry, is beyond me. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo - Nepa - 12-28-2022, 07:47 PM