Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo
(12-29-2022, 12:05 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Ok then, where do you find to be the most creditable resource for stats broken down by teams? I have to pay PFF for their so-called premium research and stats.  If they're not worth "Jack Shit" as you say, then where do I find Jill's shit? 

I'm saying don't base your opinion on a grade that some college aged kid wrote down, based off of some rubric, which is also based on the fact they don't know what a players assignment might be--over things like averages and EPAs. 

You can look at every single team and regardless of their gross attempts, you can look at how "effective" those runs are on average, which will give you a barometer on whether what they're doing is more or less effective than everyone else. 

Objective always trumps subjective in these matters. 

You referenced earlier how the Bengals should run between the guards more when it's ojectively observable that other avenues are more successful. 

No one here wants the Bengals to fling the ball 60 times a game and abandon the run, they just want them to be better at it and like Synric said above, changing or mixing and matching schemes to better balance their attack is what is going to bring positive results. Just saying, "hell, let's line up and just run it down their throat" is absolutely not the way to go about it. Finding what is working best and tweaking that is what is going to do it. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Game Strategy vs. Buffalo - rfaulk34 - 12-29-2022, 12:22 AM