Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are You Doing In Your Leagues?!
(12-29-2022, 01:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain because I love to hear these stories!

Hm, not much to explain. I have a superflex league with Austrian friends, that exists for 9 or 10 years... I made the playoffs every single year and have won the total of one playoff game in that span. My team always takes a nosedive end of season, I usually do not know why. There's a saying in German, whoever has the damage does not need to take care about the mockery. Proven true.

This year, I tried to be counter-intuitive, putting Goodwin in instead of Higgins because Lockett was hurt and NE is an awful matchup and KC is a wonderful one. That didn't help either, it was dumb to begin with and Goodwin got hurt, but even Higgins' 22,8 points would not have helped. My QBs were Herbert and Tua, and Herbert did nothing while Tua decided that throwing a thousand late game interceptions is fun. My RBs were Dobbins and Jones - I traded away Jacobs for Jones for the playoffs, which was smart per se (Jacobs made 5,5 points against Pitt), but Jones also was hobbled. My bench did great. Foreman and Allgeier were sitting there, as was Brock Purdy who also easily outscored my starters. TE was Juwan Johnson (all my TEs got hurt before) who I got in the Jacobs trade, well that was nothing as well. And so on.

Then of course there's the Bengals Board league, easier to explain that one. Hurts brought me there, Hurts was hurt. Along with Kupp and Samuel that was too much to overcome. Especially since my backup was also Tua. Sad thing of course, I also have a semifinal loss streak of four in that one.

And theres the PnR league, where you are in. I lost decisively, but it was well-deserved and playoffs were already a miracle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are You Doing In Your Leagues?! - hollodero - 12-29-2022, 05:19 PM