Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wk 17 NFL GD thread and updated playoff scenarios
(01-01-2023, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...Packers are win and in next week. Seattle needs to win and have the Lions beat GB. 

If Detroit beats GB, they need Seattle to lose. 

Exactly. Assuming no ties. A GB/Det tie would eliminate both if Sea wins. 

AFC is trickier. 

NE is in with a win at Buffalo, but that seems unlikely. They can still get in at 8-9 (I think) as long as Jaxsonville wins the South. 

The AFC South champ is the Jax/Titans winner, and Jax can still make it with a loss if #7 is a tie at 8-9. They have the best conf record of the 8-8/7-9 teams at 7-3). They did not play NE, MIA, OR PITT. But that would require a NE loss at Buffalo (likely), Miami losing at home to NY (unlikely), and Pitt failing to win out (even). Any tie at 8-9 involving Jax + NE, MIA, &/or Pitt results in the Jags getting in. 

If NE loses, Miami is in with a win vs NY. The Fins are out in any tie with NE b/c the Pats have a better DIV record. A loss & they are out. 

The Steelers have the worst conference record of the contenders (3-7) and have lost to the entire AFC East. They cannot win a TB and need to stand alone at 9-8 to get in. Win out and have NE & MIA lose. 8-9 and in is impossible for them. 

I *think* that is correct. But I did not factor in the Jets, who are eliminated, but could still get to 8-9.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive Game Day NFL thread... - pally - 01-01-2023, 04:07 PM
RE: Massive Game Day NFL thread... - M.W. - 01-01-2023, 04:52 PM
RE: Massive Game Day NFL thread... - M.W. - 01-01-2023, 05:09 PM
RE: wk 17 NFL GD thread and updated playoff scenarios - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-01-2023, 10:33 PM