Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GAME... what should NOT happen.
(01-03-2023, 10:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I get being sad and compassionate, but in no way should the Bengals forfeit the game and give the Bills a W.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't want that either. I'm still hopeful they give the Bengals the W since we were leading at the time, though I acknowledge that is not "more fair" than giving the W to the Bills.

(01-03-2023, 10:40 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Why in the hell did the Bills go back to Buffalo... knowing that the game was SUSPENDED and not CANCELLED?
They have accommodations (team hotel, etc) transportation, etc.

Luckily Cinci and Buffalo are not far apart - the flight time is less than two hours.
There's no reason Buffalo couldn't fly in early in the morning, then play the same day (4:30 or 8:00 start)

I wonder if it was logistically easier to take the scheduled flight back than trying to find hotel accommodations for a whole team (including non-player members) so late in the evening. And considering it's a short flight, they probably reasoned, it's better for the Bills players' mental health to go home and be in comfortable surroundings with loved ones and then they can take a return flight back to continue the game if that's what happens.

(01-03-2023, 10:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I just dont see how they can make up this game.     Or finish it with no time left without putting player safety back in the Spotlight for putting them on an extreme short week.

So if both teams agree i think a Tie is the best route.. Unless the Bills concede the contest.

there just isn't any time left to flex this game elsewhere without completely disrupting playoff schedules.

*Refund the tickets to the Game* or allow them to be exchanged for a contest next year

My thoughts exactly. This game is not getting finished and I don't see either team conceding nor allowing the other team to concede (in a magnanimous way, not a selfish one) so a tie is the most likely outcome.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - PhilHos - 01-03-2023, 10:46 AM