Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Hamlin's injury result in equipment changes?
(01-03-2023, 12:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, what we would hear is the professional athletes complaining about the restriction of body movement, just like with requiring linemen to wear leg braces, receivers to wear more substantial shoes, etc. These guys are always going to want that last ounce of competitive advantage.

(01-03-2023, 12:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's been more decades than I'd like to think about since I had football pads on, and I really haven't paid much attention to the new ones, but don't they cover the chest in the front anymore anyway? Seems like I remember them covering the sternum. Of course, back then you had to turn sideways to get through a door.

It’s also been decades since I’ve put the pads on but they are definitely smaller. Look at 80s or even 90s highlights - shoulder pads back then were about twice the size of what they are now.
And Hendricksons tiny shoulder pads would have been too small for a kicker back then.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Hamlin's injury result in equipment changes? - Clark W Griswold - 01-03-2023, 01:34 PM