Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GAME... what should NOT happen.
(01-03-2023, 01:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Last year, in the premier league soccer championship this same happened, and the game went on.  I also seen this happen in the NHL.  A Columbus Bluejacket player received a hard check and went to cardiac attest on the bench. After they got him to the hospital,  the game went on. After he was stabilized, he asked he doctors if he could make it back to play in the 3-period.

The Show must go on.

Which game is that? 

The other games I've seen a player have a cardiac arrest in the middle of were Denmark v Finland in Euro 2021, where Christian Eriksen had a heart attack. You might be referring to this one? The game was stopped for a few hours and they made the decision to finish it that same day. The match bore no relation to a European Championships match when it resumed, was clearly the wrong call. UEFA were largely derided for this call.

The other was when Fabrice Muamba collapsed in a game between Tottenham Hotspur and Bolton Wanderers in 2012. His heart stopped for 78 minutes I believe it was, the game was abandoned and replayed 10 days later. I don't believe either team played within that 10 day period, but I could be wrong. In any case, the decision to play it again another time was well received.

There obviously are lines to be drawn somewhere, but I definitely think you just stop a game in any sport if a player is suffering a cardiac arrest.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-03-2023, 01:40 PM