Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In light of Damar Hamlin's injury, maybe Tom Brady should have retired.
(01-03-2023, 06:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I was always on Team Tom Brady vs Team Gisele Bündchen.
In addition, I was always skeptical about Andrew Luck retiring so soon.

But the events last night may have changed my mind.
Tom didn't need the money as he is reportedly going to get a big contract from Fox.

Gisele Bündchen was always complaining about worrying for Tom on the football field getting hurt.
To be honest it doesn't matter what age you are as was sadly proven last night. You can be the fittest person on the planet but if your body for some reason decides to react in an unexpected way there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it. The risks are obviously higher in a contact sport but those are more head / brain injuries which are becoming more frequent. Bodies are complex and fragile things . As for Tom Brady I think he's just so immersed in the game it's like a drug to him he can't kick. Many, many soccer players over here really struggle with depression when their careers finish because it's all they have known. From playing at a young age to becoming a professional,training and being around a collection of like minded players in a group scenario is their life. When it stops they have no idea how to replace that feeling . I very much doubt he'll continue after this season and maybe seeing last night might give him the nudge he needs. My prayers and hopes of a full and speedy recovery for Damar and love to his family and friends.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In light of Damar Hamlin's injury, maybe Tom Brady should have retired. - Cuzz from England - 01-03-2023, 06:57 PM