Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bills board is discussing the actual game
There's so little game, only 2 drives + 2 plays in a 3rd drive, but what I saw, I really liked.

What I saw:

The offense was going to score at least 35 points that day. Zac Taylor was calling perfect plays, Burrow was seeing the blitzes and hitting the alerts, the receivers were carving up the Bills DBs, especially White who does not look all the way back (first the Chase DPI that could have been a touchdown, then the TD to Boyd). Guys were being schemed open, like the Higgins catch before the game was stopped.

The defense was...okay. They got caught in a few scheme mismatches, Wilson on Diggs being the major one. They tightened up in the red zone and, while the Beasley pass was effectively dropped, the pass rush caused Allen to be off line on the pass. The Bills run game was working a bit too well, however, and that may have bitten us in the ass in the end, depending on how the rest of the game would have went.

I think the guesses that it would be a shoot out were absolutely going to be correct. The only difference is that Burrow looked absolutely clinical (4/4, 52 yards, TD, 158.3 perfect QB rating) whereas Allen looked more wild and erratic (3/6, 33 yards, 2 rushes 14 yards). I don't think Burrow is missing a pass that night, where as Allen was playing very much like he was going to turn it over at some point, which I think would have been the difference.

I am deeply saddened by what happened to Hamlin and I hope he is okay, but I think we may have missed out on a truly franchise changing game last night, as I think we were about as dialed in as a team could possibly be. It's a shame that it was ended by a tragedy like it was.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bills board is discussing the actual game - CJD - 01-03-2023, 07:28 PM