Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bills board is discussing the actual game
(01-03-2023, 07:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We should as well.  Hopes and prayers for the young man, we all wish him well.

As to the game, the offense came out on fire.  Burrow had a great pocket and the oline provided holes for Mixon.  We definitely appeared to be the faster, tougher team in the 1st Qtr.  The Bills drove the field but seemed to labor for every yard.  We know how that feels like.

The initial effort was tad surprising to me event though I thought we would win the game.  We certainly looked like the best team in the league, at least for 2 drives.

IDK, the Bills ran it pretty easily on their first drive.  Hilton (I think?) made a nice play on 2nd down & Allen had a couple throws that were off & missed Beasley wide (with Apple lurking) on 3rd. 

We went through them like a hot knife through butter, however. 

I think the league will let week 18 play out & do 3 things. 

1) Continue to research the bylaws & see what authority/precedent exists in this situation. Be it declaring the game a forfeit, a tie, no contest, or whatever. 

2) Let week 18 play out & then give the teams the option to play or not.  Likely both teams will elect not to. But if one team wants to play & the other does not, it has to be a forfeit. 

3) Hope for some good news on Hamlin. 

---------------------

FWIW, if we win next week, and we get good news on Hamlin, I think it is a good gamble to play IF the Chiefs loose. We'd get a week and a half off with a win. We'd have the lead. The game is here. We have the lead. We have the ball. 

Now, if we lose and have a short week for a PO game (albeit a home one), that is tough one and something I would not wanna risk if the extra week is not on the table. 

But Buffalo, if faced with the choice of having to win a roadie where they are already behind to avoid that short week, and simply accepting the #2 seed, I think they choose the latter. 

Now, if KC wins, I don't think we sign up for a short week before the POs either. But the Bills might be willing to risk it, thinking we won't want to play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bills board is discussing the actual game - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-03-2023, 07:38 PM