Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
After the initial hit I thought for sure is was in injury to C1-C3 and possibly a basil skull fracture. Glad I was wrong about that. The one thing I'm not quite understanding is that ventricular fibrillation is a pretty common things to deal with for those who serve in the public safety sector. The main thing is the lack of oxygen to your brain WAITING for CPR to begin. An AED shock should have been enough to stop his heart from fibrillating and allow it to restart back into normal rhythm. CPR was began prob within a minute so. I'm just not quite understanding the possible lack of oxygen to his brain part since CPR was pretty much immediate. I understand the circulation isn't as good as natural circulation, but even without any circulation the blood has enough oxygen in it to sustain the body for a few minutes before brain damage starts to occur, and CPR was begun well within that time frame
Can a medical professional explain how all of this has evolved to be how it currently is? I know it's a bad situation but just knowing the basics of how this is treated I'm actually kinda surprised this has gotten to the stage it is at. Would appreciate any explanation
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals*** - swilson3828 - 01-03-2023, 08:03 PM