Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills/Bengals will NOT be resumed this week.
(01-03-2023, 08:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: There have been 7 Super Bowls played with only one week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. Those were because of special circumstances. This seems to fit that category. Not playing the game would put an asterisk more on the season than shorting the break to one week.

I know there have been several one week between AFC/NFC and Super Bowl's including one including the Bengals/49ers.

The comment I made was in response to that the NFL would make money if they pushed the playoffs a week.
I responded that they would need to push the Super Bowl a week and I don't think they can at this point because of too many obligations. 
Thus, a loss of one week between AFC/NFC Championship and the Super Bowl in revenue is valid both for the league and the host city.

The host city would sue the NFL for lost revenue. They bid and signed a contract with the NFL for a two-week bash in their city. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bills/Bengals will NOT be resumed this week. - BengalYankee - 01-03-2023, 09:26 PM