Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Were Hurst and Hendrickson dirty?
(01-04-2023, 05:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was something i hadn't considered. That roll looked kind of funky but if he's "launching" to roll without having to put any weight on it, i can see that. On the 2nd angle it looks like he pulls his legs up to try and avoid contact and he immediately gets up and goes over to the Oline guy that blocked him for a few words. 

That's something that maybe if the Bills fans knew they'd be more understanding. I think what they're interpreting as "squaring up Allen" before rolling is actually Hendrickson beginning to fall on his broken wrist and thinking "oh shit, no. Gotta re-route this momentum" and then rolling.

(01-04-2023, 05:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This i don't necessarily agree with. I thought from the beginning he could have kept his head up but instead seems to drive down on the defender. 

I'm not saying it was "dirty" in an sense of the word. Just a bit extra and not surprising knowing how intense Hurst gets in the games. 

But a facemask glancing off the back of someone's helmet wouldn't do anything. You even see in the replay, the facemask contacting the Bills' player's helmet makes Hurst's helmet move up and out of contact and then Hurst continues to the ground without any further contact to the player's head. If he were dirty, he could have lowered he helmet and absolutely pummeled the back of that guy's helmet, but obviously did not.

In both plays, the Bills fans seem to think the Bengals players wanted to hurt the players but, for whatever reason, in the most ineffective way possible. Like, if Hendrickson were playing dirty, he could have tripped Allen to the ground with ease just by not lifting his legs up. Why, then, would he lift his legs up? So that he could graze Allen's jersey with his feet? 

The only way you could consider either of these plays dirty is if you are seeing them as a 100% biased and irrational observer or if you think these two players are the most ineffectively dirty players in the league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Were Hurst and Hendrickson dirty? - CJD - 01-04-2023, 05:37 PM