Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Franklin Delano Roosevelt...
(01-05-2023, 10:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone that has ever played a sport knows...once you step on that field/court your mind doesn't think about any other damn thing other than the game itself. 

This is why I LOVE playing basketball and sports in general. For two hours I am literally in a trance. Not a thought about work, relationships, kids, etc. Just trying to get that ball in the hoop. 

Focus on preparation for the game, the week leading up, etc is a different story, but I do not doubt the leadership we have in that building to get our guys ready to go. 

There is a lot of truth to this. And I'm not disagreeing here as you may be proven right, but the NFL is a little unique on this one. It's a pretty violent sport, and nobody can afford to not be 'all-in' when it comes to make a tackle etc. The requirements just aren't as big in some other sports, for you to put your body on the line as you do in the NFL.

In football/soccer, you could get away a little with some guys not going all out on everything. In the NFL, if we're fielding anyone who isn't fully ready to be there, it's going to show. The base requirement for being ready is bigger than in some other sports imo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - CJD - 01-05-2023, 02:04 AM
Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Rotobeast - 01-05-2023, 02:40 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - WildCat - 01-05-2023, 03:36 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Garrus - 01-05-2023, 10:06 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-05-2023, 10:46 AM