Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Franklin Delano Roosevelt...
(01-05-2023, 10:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You guys act like something like this has never happened before. 

Tua was literally seizing out on that same field in front of those same players like 6 weeks ago and had to be carried off on a stretcher. Guys on the team have been seriously injured, concussed. Obviously its not EXACTLY the same, but they are both pretty similar in that they were VERY serious things.

These guys know what they signed up for. ZT even said that yesterday. What happened Monday sucked, but it was a freak accident. One in a million chance and barely even football related. The guys will be fine. 

Lmao, I wasn't disagreeing with you... I was just making the point being ready for the NFL probably takes more than most other sports. You're all in on everything. It's why we love it. 

(01-05-2023, 10:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've played football, and done a little pee wee coaching. While it is more violent and dangerous, it's also very intense mentally. Weezy is right in that regard, once you step across that sideline onto the field, you block out everything but what you're supposed to do after the playcall is made. Most of the time, you don't even notice the crowd. Obviously it's MUCH MUCH louder at a NFL game than high school, but still....

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with the guy, just making the point that there is a difference between the sports on the physical side. I played soccer for 15 years (not as a professional level or anything) and the requirements for being physically 'up for the game' are simply less. I absolutely agree playing sports in general is good for mental health.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - CJD - 01-05-2023, 02:04 AM
Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Rotobeast - 01-05-2023, 02:40 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - WildCat - 01-05-2023, 03:36 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Garrus - 01-05-2023, 10:06 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-05-2023, 11:08 AM