Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Franklin Delano Roosevelt...
(01-05-2023, 03:36 AM)WildCat Wrote: that balloon got deflated. feels more like bengals lose to ravens and then turn around and lose again in wildcard tbh. hope i'm wrong but i don't think i am.

(01-05-2023, 10:07 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly, I feel the same way.  Though admittedly I am the resident pessimist.

I dunno.  It kinda feels gross even having this conversation so I hope people can forgive me for focusing on something so far down the priority list right now.  But I watched those Burrow and Reader press conferences and they both just seemed so... deflated, like you said.  It feels like whatever wind was in the team's sails has left.  

Now, maybe there's an element of PR to it.  Probably not a good look for Burrow to go up to the podium, beaming with excitement, talking about how ready they are to play just 2 days after the tragedy.  But if his demeanor is indicative of the actual team mood, then I don't know.  I think they've gone as far as they're gonna go this year. Just my gut feeling. The playoffs are sudden elimination. There's no luxury of time anymore, or being able to afford an "off" week. These guys would need to rebound immediately.

It really sucks, but given the circumstances it's something I could live with. Just would hate to see all of their hard work this season undone like this, and yet another "What if?" year for the team's history books.

Get that negative crap out of here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - CJD - 01-05-2023, 02:04 AM
Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Rotobeast - 01-05-2023, 02:40 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - WildCat - 01-05-2023, 03:36 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Garrus - 01-05-2023, 10:06 AM
RE: Franklin Delano Roosevelt... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-05-2023, 11:50 AM