Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Bengals win Sunday and Bills lose, #2 seed for us?
(01-05-2023, 11:46 AM)Big Boss Wrote: #3 would host games until they had to play #2 and/or #1.  Potentially two away games.   
#2 would host games until they had to play #1.  Potentially one away game.  

That's basically it.

I have seen a few scenarios in this thread and talked of elsewhere. 

The reality is, it's going to be messy in any scenario.

The Bengals play the Ravens this week and very likely could play them again if given the 3 seed.  I think this is a decision that is very scary in lines to who do we play this week in regards to personnel.  So long and short, if the game is cancelled (Bengals/Bills), the Ravens get shafted in that there's no chance for a AFC North title- the Bengals can limit the play of their starters and worry about the playoff game vs the Ratbirds in Cincy.  Whether we believe they would win or not is irrelevant- see Steelers/Bengals week 1.  The only fair decision is all the games get played, but there's obviously more to the scenario than a simple, no emotions landscape of forcing that through and not to mention the availability of the venues etc. 

The layout is here, though I don't love the format.
Play off scenarios

The no emotions decision would be the Bills Bengals have to play their game for clear seeding.

The likely scenario is:  rescheduling everything is going to be a nightmare and the game gets cancelled and the Bengals get no shot at a 1 seed and a two seed is much more unlikely for that matter.

In any scenario, I agree- a decision has to be made promptly.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Bengals win Sunday and Bills lose, #2 seed for us? - Shouldamapads - 01-05-2023, 12:16 PM