Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town rejects solar because it'll suck up sunlight and kill the plants
(12-14-2015, 08:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Again, they blocked only the 4th farm.
There is 3 already up and running.

The comments from "certain" townsfolk were picked for a reason. No one would've paid much attention to the article if they had said that it is destroying the local ecosystem. Make fun of them all you want for them being country folks, but they've already got 3 farms up, and they are seeing the damage that it's doing to the local ecosystem and don't want any more put up.

Also, why should they let the big corporations destroy their adjoining land with out getting any benefit from it? reduced electric? Nope. taxes paid to the city? Nope.  Oooo $7k paid annually for training the fire department on how to handle fires in their farms. Big Whoop.

How would you like to come home and discover that on 3/4 sides of your property there will be a new Church of different denominations built?

Personally i don't think the government should have any say on what a person does with their private property unless there is some damage to surrounding property.

Why should the city get a cut of the profits anyway?  The government should not be able to tell me I can't make money off of my property without giving them a piece of the action.  The government is entitled to the property tax and that is all.

There is no damage to the surrounding ecosystem from these solar farms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Town rejects solar because it'll suck up sunlight and kill the plants - fredtoast - 12-15-2015, 02:02 PM