Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 05:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: As upsetting as it is, at least the NFL seems ready to let the teams know before the weekend. I give them props for that.

But if it is indeed the case that the Bills-Bengals game will not be resumed, then if i were the Bengals I would play the starters only one half, so they can be sharp for the playoffs. The starters only played 7 snaps on Monday and the defense only 12. Just get a lead and then rely on the reserves to try and preserve the lead.  I cannot imagine the Ravens will play their starters. They have zero incentive to do anything other than rest their starters.

Depends if the Ravens want the 5th seed or not.
They need to win and also Chargers to lose to get 5th seed. 5th seed plays winner of TEN-JAX.
That's a pretty enticing matchup for the wildcard team.

The 6th seed will have to play either the Bengals or Bills.

2nd seed will have to play the Patriots, Dolphins, or Steelers.

Would you rather play the Chargers/Ravens, or the Patriots/Dolphins/Steelers?

I would lean toward Pats or Dolphins, then Chargers, then Ravens (although Ravens more if Jackson isn't healthy still), and Steelers last.
Steelers are bad but I know they'll pull out every cheap tactic to try to sneak a win.
Plus the NFL would love for their favorite (AFC) franchise to advance in the playoffs when they were written off back in Oct.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game - ochocincos - 01-05-2023, 06:23 PM