Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hairball said Jackson may not be back for the start of the playoffs, so I doubt he plays Sunday. If I were Zac, and we were stuck with #3 (announcement before the game pending) I would rest Hendrickson and Hubbard, but Burrow and the WR's need to play. They already haven't played in 2 weeks (not counting the 9 minute game) and need to stay sharp. If they sit Sunday, that's almost a 3 week layoff prior to the playoffs. 

They have to play if there's a shot at the 2 seed.  I believe there is if Buffalo loses to the Pats.  I'm not sure that Baltimore has as much to play for as we do at this point.  They are already about as good as they can get in seeding.  They can't get the division or a home game.  

The Bengals can make lemonade out of this lemon situation if things break right.  They more or less got a week off.  If their minds are right, they can blast the Ravens, stay sharp for the postseason, and possibly even get a divisional round game at Paycor.

Oddly enough the Ravens might actually have more incentive to sit their starters with nothing to gain and a known playoff game on the horizon next week.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game - samhain - 01-05-2023, 06:57 PM