Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
(01-06-2023, 03:44 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agree with most of this. 

However, I do haveca beef. And maybe it is me missing something. I saw provisions gor nuetral site/coun flip for Bengals/Ravens, or AFC titie game involving KC/Bills/Bengals if week 18 results make the Bills v Bengals game relevant to the seeding. That's all fine. 

I did not see any of that fir a pitential Bengals/Bills matchup, which is absurd. 

Agree with you here for the most part. If a Bengals/Bills game is played in Buffalo playoffs... I'd love to hear the NFL confirm the logic behind that. We're making the AFCCG neutral... but not a rematch between the very two teams involved, when the initial game would have decided who gets the #2? I mean.... jesus. That's a shockingly bad decision if true.

For those saying we're getting hosed by the decision regarding the Ravens though... I disagree with you. At no time have we locked up the division. We hadn't won it. I'm not sure I agree with a coin flip being the best route, but I do agree that if we lose to them on Sunday, we've won the same number of games but they've swept us and have the better divisional record. There was nothing to confirm we'd have gone on to win the Buffalo game, no matter how good we looked for nine minutes.

It's frustrating if they don't make the Bills rematch a neutral site game or something, but that's the only element of this I'd be particularly unhappy with. The rest of it is... not ideal, but it never was going to be. Maybe this lights a fire under our team if they feel we've been hard done by. It weirdly might be what we need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those believing the Bengals got "hosed" - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-06-2023, 06:20 AM