Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried To Delete Post On NFL Saying Bengals Won AFC North. Didn't Know Coin Flip Added
Sorry OP, disagree here. We still have a lot to play for.

The division is somewhat in name only... if we were to matchup against the Ravens again in the wildcard, we don't necessarily have a home game at all.

The #2 seed is in play. Unfairly, it's now very important again. We need to try and leapfrog the Bills if we can.

EVEN if we didn't have the above to play for... resting Burrow/starters would be the wrong call. The guys cannot go into a playoff game off the back of two weeks of no play. I'd rather get them back into the swing of it and risk the (still low) chance of injury, than have them going into the playoffs, almost as if it were week 1 because we haven't played recently.

I dont think the NFL have come to a perfect solution here, but I do like the fact we have something to play for on Sunday. We don't have time to regather at this point in the season, if we want to win the Super Bowl, we have to come back out firing.

EDIT: I've just ran the playoff predictor based on a few different scenarios, and they generally have us playing Baltimore in the wildcard. The main one which didn't, is if we win and Buffalo lose on Sunday. We'd then get the #7. But if the Chargers win I think the Ravens are virtually locked in as the #6, and we'll be the #3 unless the Bills lose and we win. So we obviously need to win this game Sunday.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals AFC North Champs. Burrow Should Not Play Before Play-Offs - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-06-2023, 07:55 AM