Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried To Delete Post On NFL Saying Bengals Won AFC North. Didn't Know Coin Flip Added
(01-06-2023, 09:07 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think we are moreso than anybody else, but I also think mostly everyone is getting crapped on in some fashion here. 

Not to be forgotten the following:

1) KC/BUF are quite possibly giving up home field advantage for the AFCCG here. 
2) BUF is giving up their control of the #1 seed.
3) BAL is giving up a shot at the division, and replacing it with being left to chance. They've basically swapped the chance we lost to Buffalo, with a coin flip. 

We're giving up control of the #2 seed and a shot at the #1 seed.

We can argue about what of the above is fair and not, that's a separate discussion, but it's not like we're the only team giving up something. 

For me the big thing being given up here is that potential home game against Buffalo in the playoffs. Not like we had that on lock, but neither did they. I don't think that element to this has been correctly resolved.

Problem is Bengals have the worst case scenario in this whole thing with the possibility of earning a 1st place division schedule without the perks of the a playoff home game. No other team has a scenario like this...

Did the NFL balance that worst case with a long shot scenario at the number 1 seed like we had before? No

Does the league throw in a kicker for the Bengals such as a neutral location for a Bills vs Bengals divisional round? No.

....so to Summarize. Bengals get the worst part of the deal without a reward and no kicker to make it even. That's not a contract I would sign because there is no upside for the risk.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals AFC North Champs. Burrow Should Not Play Before Play-Offs - Synric - 01-06-2023, 09:17 AM