Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
(01-06-2023, 10:22 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I hate the Ravens but there getting screwed the most. They can beat us twice and play all there starters Sunday then lose a coin flip and have played them for nothing ? You can’t lose 4 division games and lose to a backup QB an expect to be division champs. I want the Bengals to win it all and not have an asterisk next to it. Beat the Ravens for the North and if some say we beat a backup QB we might get a chance to beat Lamar if he’s back for the playoffs. My biggest issue is Bills vs. Bengals not at a neutral site. Again if we beat them at a neutral site some will say it’s not fair to Buffalo. Bengals vs the world again ! Burrow beats the Ravens X 2 , Buffalo at Buffalo and KC at KC and beats the Eagles whoever in the Super Bowl no one could question that.

The Ravens will have been given 8 home games this year in pursuit of winning the division.  The Bengals will have been given 7 home games.  Sure, the Bengals are now winning the division on a technicality, but the Ravens also had a built-in competitive advantage because of that technicality.  So let's call it a wash.

If the Bengals win on Sunday, they get home-field advantage, a harder 2023 schedule and a lower draft pick.  That's one benefit, two costs. The Ravens, meanwhile, get a higher draft pick and easier schedule. Two benefits, one cost.
If the Ravens win on Sunday, they have a 50/50 shot at home-field advantage, an easier 2023 schedule and a higher draft pick.  Go ahead and call that 2.5 benefits.  

There is no equity in this situation. In either scenario, the Ravens are favored in terms of actual benefit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all. - Big Boss - 01-06-2023, 10:56 AM