Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
(01-06-2023, 12:56 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as the saying goes everyone has one. I’m used to the Bengals getting the short end from the league. It appears that it is now Ok to ignore the rules simply because of inconvenience. The game should have been rescheduled as required by the rules and any other scheduling adjustments as necessary.

I feel exactly the same. The football world as well as the majority of the media in general were acting as if it were a foregone conclusion that Hamlin was a dead man walking (or laying in a bed on a ventilator) and if we didn't pray hard enough for him it was somehow our fault. Don't get me wrong, I feel for the kid and all, but playing football has inherent risks and death is always one possibility .. Well, he's quite alive now even if his future health may be in question.  Reschedule the game and adjust schedules as needed. The sport world seems to have decided to have one big collective moment of guilt over this with the only solution to be changing rules to ease some peoples' guilty consciousness's or desire to outdo each other with their own brands of piety and feeling the most sorry.
None of this makes a damned bit of sense in my mind. The NFL could easily moved the entire schedule up a week and let the chips fall where they may, but dollars and cents are being substituted with phony piety. Another day in magical thinking in my book..  The only people who should have had a say in this should have been the Bengals and Bills organizations.. Screw the rest of the league and their own money problems. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those believing the Bengals got "hosed" - grampahol - 01-06-2023, 01:37 PM