Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
For those believing the Bengals got "hosed"
(01-06-2023, 12:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Easy. I put myself in the shoes of a Baltimore or Buffalo fan--or if that's too distasteful for you--put their situation on the Bengals, then i realize that any shafting is minimal, or not at all. 

Baltimore had no shot to win the division because they played and lost 1 more game. 
Buffalo was fortunate to have that game cancelled--in a very loose definition of "fortunate" involving only the play onfield--and, in the same number of games as the Bengals, have won one more game. 

We will never know if not playing that Buffalo game to its conclusion, was of more benefit to the bengals due to a loss of the actual game or even worse, a loss of a major player, i.e., Burrow. 

Anything in the world could have happened in that game. I choose not to simply ignore the bad things that could have happened and only point out the good things that could have happened.

Not quite ANYTHING unless you're into magical thinking that somehow the spirit of Hamlin could have seeped out of his body to reincarnate into Jesus H Christ, superstar safety to save the day for Buffalo..  I'm not quite into that type of thinking..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those believing the Bengals got "hosed" - grampahol - 01-06-2023, 01:44 PM